Slightly chewy, warming and tasty.
These peanut cookies are easy to prepare and will be a hit.
And did you know: Only 3 ingredients!
These peanut cookies are so versatile, you can just about add anything from chocolate chips to dried coconut. Also, you can use any nut butter of your choice (just be sure it’s firmer).
This is a great recipe for these difficult (2020) times when basic baking ingredients are hard to come by in grocery stores. Also, you/your kids may be bored stuck at home, get the kids involved with baking.
If you prefer a crunchier cookie, you can use caster sugar instead. For something in the middle, use 1/4C brown sugar and 1/4C caster sugar.
Tip: If you plan to save some cookies for later, heat them up for 20 seconds before you eat them. Totally optional but highly recommended.
YOU WILL NEED: 1C Peanut Butter (crunchy, room temp.), 1/4C Brown Sugar, 1/4C White Sugar, 1 Egg, 1/2t Salt
Optional: 1/2C Chocolate Chips, 1/3C Dried Coconut, 1/3C Rasins, 1/4C Chopped Almonds
- Preheat your oven to 160°C (320°F) — (Fan Bake). Prepare your oven tray with parchment paper + nonstick oil spray
- In a bowl, add your nut butter, egg, salt and sugar. Whisk these together with a hand mixer (or balloon whisk) until combined and slightly airy.
- Fold in any extras you wish to add.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough, and roll it into a ball. Repeat process with remaining dough.
- Make fork indentations on the dough balls until cookies are flat. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Allow your cookies to cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Season with flaky sea salt and/or melted chocolate (optional)