These corn fritters make a great snack or light meal and will be a crowd-pleaser. Lightly crispy, fresh and tasty, these will be gone in 5 minutes. Here is a recipe for the ultimate corn fritter.
The best frypan to use is a nonstick (I used Jamie Oliver nonstick), however, any pan will do the job. Make sure to use oil or nonstick oil spray.
Yields: 10 Fritters — Prep Time: 20 Minutes
YOU WILL NEED:
1 Can (400g) Cream Corn, 1 Can (400g) Corn Kernels (drained), 1C Flour, 2 1/2t Baking Powder, 3 Egg Yolks, mixed, 3 Egg Whites, whipped to stiff peaks, Salt and Pepper (to taste), 1/4C Milk, 1/2t Herbs, 2T Olive Oil, for cooking
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, herbs and seasonings
- Mix in the creamed corn, corn kernels, egg yolks and milk
- Carefully fold in your whipped egg whites
- Heat a frypan with olive oil (to medium heat)
- Add 1/4C of your batter per fritter, and flip when the underside is crispy. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve with condiments of your choice (salsa or sweet chilli sauce)