The third baking recipe on SK!
Everyone will love this Australian baked good. Warm, flavourful, buttery and cheesy, and it is a great savoury indulgent treat.
This recipe is a non-yeast recipe with minimal work, so it’s a quick recipe to whip up.
TIP: Best served freshly baked.
YOU WILL NEED: 2C White Flour, 3t Baking Powder, 1t Salt, 80g Cold Butter (cubed) — or 5 1/2T Butter
FILLING: 1T Vegemite and 2T Boiling Water + 1C Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 180*C Fan Bake, and grease a muffin tin with butter and flour
- Pulse your flour, baking powder, salt and butter in a food processor until just combined (or rub the dry ingredients with the wet)
- When your dough is lightly yellow, place it in the freezer for 3-5 minutes
- On a floured surface, roll your dough until 1cm thick and about 25cm tall
- Spread your vegemite and cheese evenly
- Bake for 20-30 minutes