This is one of my go-to recipes when craving Indian food. It is a tasty crowd-pleaser and is easy to make.
The potato’s have a lovely warm flavour with a hint of lemony flavour. And it is not too spicy, on point.
Feel free to change your spice levels to your liking.
Be sure to serve everything with rice and a cup of chai!
SERVES 4, 45m Preptime
SPICED POTATO: YOU WILL NEED:
- 7 large potato’s, 2T Sri-Lankan style curry powder, 1/3C vegetable oil, 1t powdered vegetable stock, salt (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 175*C
- Dice your potato’s, and place on your oven tray. Make sure they are a flat batch
- Mix your curry powder, stock and vegetable oil in a bowl
- Pour it over your cubed potato’s, then mix ensuring everything is coated
- Bake for 90m – 120m
CHANA MASALA: YOU WILL NEED
200g chickpeas, 400g diced tomato (canned), 150ml coconut milk, 1 onion, diced, 1-2T curry powder, salt
- Over medium heat, fry your onion and spices in oil
- When the onions are cooked, mix in your diced tomato and coconut milk.
- Add your chickpeas
- Allow to simmer for 15 minutes