Amazing shortbread with only 3 ingredients!
Feel free to add any extras you like. Recommended extras are in the recipe. This is also a versatile cookie recipe.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup of butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
Optional: Chocolate Chips or Chopped Nuts
- Preheat your oven to 180*C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream together the soft butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light inf fluffy.
- Add in the flour and mix until the dough just comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a counter dusted with powdered sugar and gently roll the dough into a long two by two-inch log.
- Wrap the log of cookie dough in plastic wrap and allow to firm up in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is firm slice the cookies into 3/4 inch thick rounds. Place each round on your baking tray and bake for 16-18 minutes or until just golden.
- Allow cooling slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once cool the cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.